Four like-minded entrepreneurs founded TomTom in 1991, and by 2004 their dream of portable navigation was a reality for millions of drivers around the world. The first TomTom sat nav became one of the fastest selling consumer technology devices in history, making the TomTom name synonymous with navigation.
Today, TomTom is the leading independent location technology specialist. Decades of driver insights go into everything TomTom does – maps for automated driving, navigation software for top car brands, maps APIs for leading tech companies and traffic data for all. Data features include
- Maps with global coverage with insane accuracy;
- Transactional mapmaking platform which allows continuous integration and faster delivery cycles;
- Multiple sources for collecting and verifying map data — huge volume of GPS location data, mobile mapping vehicles, aerial imagery, authoritative sources and active community input;
- Real-time Traffic and Speed Profiles (historical traffic patterns) available in more than 75 countries;
- Customizable licensing options by the city, county, state/province or country.
- Monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual map updates available.
TomTom map data can be leveraged in a variety of applications and ADCi has several licensing options available, including:
- Fleet Management – the high quality mapping, routing and traffic information you need to manage your fleet
- GIS – for all of your in-house geospatial needs
- Geocoding – highly accurate data for geocoding
- AutoCAD – double-lined roads in .dwg format
- MultiNet Post – point and polygon data for the US and Canada.
- Telco – comprehensive view of the telecommunication boundaries in North America
- Administrative Areas – highly detailed and accurate boundaries of municipal and census defined geographic divisions
- Add-on Content – Speed Profiles, Address Points and more
To find out more about TomTom’s map products, contact ADCi today.